ABOUT JOSEPH PECORA
The best thing about being an artist is having the opportunity to work & collaborate with so many great people to convey through imagery the things they are most passionate about. This is truly what drives me as a professional creative. There is such exhilaration that comes from using ones skills & imagination to manifest the ineffable qualities of people and places into something tangible. My goal as a photographer is to convey through imagery all of the beauty that exists in the world and it's people.
Monotony is my death sentence. I live for experiences, traveling with my wife is one of my favorite things to do hands down. Exploring nature provides me with some of my greatest artistic insights. When I am seeking inspiration you will find me outside, hands in the dirt, exploring this beautiful world. In music, film & imagery, my favorite works are those that investigate the human experience & the nature of our reality.
With over 9 years of professional experience shooting weddings, commercial and portrait photography I have found that good planning is a huge part of the creative process. I make time to get to know my clients with phone calls and meetings. If you have something you are passionate about and you want to talk to a photographer who puts his heart into his work, contact me.
A few of my most valued experiences working as a photographer have been;
• Shooting conservation photography for the Blackfeet Tribe's Agriculture & Resource Management Program.
• Having my work purchased for permanent display by Penn State University.
• Being awarded Young Entrepreneur of the Year in my home town by the Hazleton Chamber of Commerce.
• Creating portrait photography for my good friend and mentor Ibiyinka Alao, .U.N. Ambassador of the Arts for Nigeria.
• Shooting commercial photography for dancers, musicians, and other artists who are sharing their passion for art with the world.
• Photographing weddings for many incredible couples whose devotion for one another is an inspiration.
• Creating the Photo Positive Project and performing it across the U.S. & for a short time in Spain. I plan to bring my project to many more places in the future.